This week's events make me wish I had more time to spend around town. Keep reading or check out our events calendar for parties, shows, and more.
- The Back Pockets (pictured above), Sirens & Sealions, and Dracula kick off a series of 2011 in-store events at every kid's favorite vegan hangout, Sweat Records. Show starts at 9pm; RSVP at their Facebook event page.
- Style Wars, the 1983 documentary on hip hop culture, is screening at Bar at 10pm. Doors open at 8pm, and you can RSVP here.
- Champion Sound + Fin du Monde at Electric Pickle, featuring DJs Sire Esq., A-Train, and Mr. Brown.
- Tropicasa at Hoy Como Ayer: live music featuring afro-Cuban rhythms.
- Hip hop, bass, dubstep, reggae, fuck, rock, soul. You name it, it's at (((Shake))) Thursdays at Vagabond.
- It's the second Saturday of the month, which means it's ArtWalk time in Wynwood. Roughly 7pm to 10pm in the Design District. You can check out a handy-dandy map here.
- Lemuria, Sloane Peterson, Merchandise, and Featherweight at Churchill's. (Note: I LOVE Lemuria.)
- Mr. X presents Spank Rock at Grand Central. SPANK ROCK.
- Resident DJs Mike Deuce, Joshy Josh, and Ray Milian (to name a few) at Chocolate Sundays. Every weekend at Purdy Lounge.