Martha Argerich was born in Buenos Aires. From the age of five, she took piano lessons with Vicenzo Scaramuzza. In 1955 she went to Europe with her family, and received tuition from Friedrich Gulda in Vienna; her teachers also included Nikita Magaloff and Stefan Askenase. Following her first prizes in the piano competitions in Bolzano and Geneva in 1957, she embarked on an intensive program of concerts. Her victory in the Chopin Competition in Warsaw in 1965 was a decisive step on her path to worldwide recognition.
Read full article in:http://www.deutschegrammophon.com/artist/biography?ART_ID=ARGMA
- Chopin: Piano Sonata #3 In B Minor, Op. 58, B 155 - 1. Allegro Maestoso
- Chopin: Piano Sonata #3 In B Minor, Op. 58, B 155 - 2. Scherzo: Molto Vivace
- Chopin: Piano Sonata #3 In B Minor, Op. 58, B 155 - 3. Largo
- Chopin: Piano Sonata #3 In B Minor, Op. 58, B 155 - 4. Finale: Presto, Non Tanto
- Chopin: Mazurka #36 In A Minor, Op. 59/1, CT 86
- Chopin: Mazurka #37 In A Flat, Op. 59/2, CT 87
- Chopin: Mazurka #38 In F Sharp Minor, Op. 59/3, CT 88
- Chopin: Nocturne #4 In F, Op. 15/1, CT 111
- Chopin: Scherzo #3 In C Sharp Minor, Op. 39, B 125
- Chopin: Polonaise #6 In A Flat, Op. 53, "Héroïque"